Woofs to Wags is a local, woman-owned, specialty pet care company. We service a five-mile radius of the Rosemont, PA train station.
We are currently seeking dog walkers and pet sitters with availability for morning, midday, afternoon, evening and/or overnight visits. Must be available M-F 10 AM - 3 PM.
Woofs team members must be committed to the following:
- A shared passion for animals
- Ensuring the highest level of care is delivered on a consistent basis.
- Learning and using humane, minimally-aversive, low-stress, rewards-based methods
- Continuous learning and self-development
- Welcoming feedback and willingness to change
How do we prepare you?
Team members will be trained in human and pet first aid/CPR, cat and dog body language, animal behavior basics, low-stress handling, and much more. Certification opportunities will be available based on performance and time in position.
Essential Job Functions
- Visit clients homes to walk, feed and care for pets during scheduled times.
- Complete visit reports for clients outlining work completed as well as observations of pet health and behavior during visits.
- Provide companionship and comfort for pets.
- Administer medications to animals, including pills and subcutaneous fluids.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, keen observational skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with the Woofs office, fellow team members and clients, by responding to phone calls, emails and/or text messages professionally and promptly.
- Provide additional services on an "as needed" basis.
- Ability to walk 7-8 miles in a day
- Ability to work out of doors and commute in all types of weather
- Ability to handle large dogs effectively, safely and gently
- 1+ year(s) of professional experience caring for both cats and dogs
- Own a smart phone
- Be 100% reliable and ensure that all your scheduled visits are completed on a daily basis.
- Maintain a reliable, insured vehicle and valid driver's license
- Possess excellent navigational skills
- Travel between jobs within the Main Line from Radnor Township to the City Line area
- Availability for midday dog walking Mon.-Fri. 11 AM-3PM, other time frames between 7am-9pm, plus two weekends a month and some holidays, as needed
- Successfully pass a background check
If you think you have what it takes to join our dynamic and passionate team and can commit at least one full year, please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
Regular base pay starts at $15.00 /hour with possible performance bonuses. Benefits include worker's compensation and continuing education.
Interested in working with us? Please visit us at JobScore and fill out an application.